Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Admit you were wrong about something today and ask for forgiveness

I don't want to do this. What if I admit that I am wrong and they don't forgive? What if I admit my part and they don't admit their part? Then they will think that they didn't do anything wrong. And they did. What if I look foolish for admitting that I was wrong about something? How will I ever be respected again? How do I ask them for forgiveness? Can't I just say "sorry" and be done with it? What if God's love and forgiveness are bigger than what I am comfortable with?

I need to do this. What if I never admit that I was wrong and it just festers? What if they do forgive? What if forgiveness has nothing to do with "sorry?" What if they admit wrongdoing too? What if we open the door for reconciliation? What if we open the door for God's love to take the lead? What if this is an opportunity to learn more about how God loves and forgives? What if God's love and forgiveness are bigger than what I am comfortable with?

I don't want to do this...I need to do this.

No comments: