Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Think about the potential God has invested in you.

We've all heard the story: the call from God, the "No thanks!", a boat, the storm, sailors, prayers, a BIG fish, 3 days, a beach, a desert and a reluctant mission. Are you Jonah? a sailor? a Ninevite?

What do they all have in common? God LOVES them. God cares.

God loves me too, no matter who I am. God cares. And God has given me a life and a unique set of gifts. Maybe I'm not a super business executive. Maybe I haven't painted the world's greatest painting. But, every day, I have the chance to use my own gifts for good. Maybe I listen. Maybe encourage. Maybe speak grace without judgement. Maybe I have the energy to accomplish tough tasks. Maybe my courage inspires.  Maybe .... (you fill in the blank because we each have beautiful potential)

“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5 NLT)

God has invested you with potential. Rooted in God's love, how are you going to live into that potential today?

No comments: