Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Talk to or call someone you love and tell them what you love about them

Relationships are a process. On my wedding day I told my wife I loved her. But we would have a serious problem in our marriage if that was the last time I said anything. We speak words of love, because we declare a continuing relationship. Love is a whole-being event. It is something that takes words as well as actions, it takes sustaining as well as initiation.

In this season of Lent we take a posture of reflection. Part of this reflection deals with our relationships with other people. Lent is to speak love back into the world. The love we have that is rooted in Christ Jesus. Who, in your life, needs to hear that you love them? Who in your life needs to hear why you love them? Speak those words today.

No comments: