Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Go for a walk in your neighborhood & pick up the trash you see.

During Lent this year I've been fasting from negative habits and working towards positive actions. I like this challenge:

FAST from lethargy; Feast on enthusiasm.

So, how can I leave lethargy behind? I can find positive ways to be the change I want to see in my world. The snow is finally gone, and yard work calls. Why not take a moment to do a small task in your neighborhood? Pick up trash.  Move some branches. Fix a sign. Help out an elderly neighbor with cleanup. (My neighborhood has plenty of trash that needs collecting as you can see below!) Why not say a prayer for your neighbors as you go?


Thinking and acting for good helps us live into God's expansive love for us and for the world.

No comments: